Military ListMilitary List
A player can be placed on the Military List after being called to active duty (this includes foreign players called to active duty with their home country's military).
1. A player on the Military List does not count against his club's Active Roster or Reserve List, but the player does accrue MLB Service Time.
2. A player can be placed on his club's Military List within 15 days of the date he is scheduled to report for duty, but only if the player is no longer physically with the club.
3. A player on the Military List must be reinstated within 15 days after being released from service.
4. A player on the Military List can spend up to 15 days on a minor league "conditioning" assignment (with pay and full MLB benefits for MLB players) prior to being reinstated to an MLB or minor league reserve list.
5. A player who is reinstated from the Military List after the MLB Rule 5 Draft but prior to MLB Opening Day does not count against his club's Reserve List until MLB Opening Day, or up to 15 days after MLB Opening Day if the player is on a minor league "conditioning" assignment during that period of time.